Creating your online course content is just the beginning. If you want to launch a top-selling online course, your online marketing game needs to be spot on. That’s when you will be able to launch a profitable course while increasing your sales year over year. That’s possible only when you have a satisfying hook to offer to your target audience. In this post, we’ve put together a list of tips that’s quite helpful in marketing your online course specifically to your customers.
How to Market Your Online Course
Create and Optimize Your Website
Marketplaces are quite crowded. Launching an online course there is definitely not ideal. Hence, it’s absolutely essential to have your branded online course website. Your website would help you funnel the traffic toward your online course. Moreover, it’s likely the basic element which is must-have in your online course creation journey.
If you want a no-nonsense, zero maintenance, scalable & affordable online course website, you must use Spayee to launch one. It’s a super easy DIY platform and is being used by thousands of educators to teach millions of learners.
In order to build authority, include your photograph, testimonials & post about your expertise on your homepage.
Include the following as well:
- About page: Get in-depth information about the roadmap of how your course will help your audience reach from A to B.
- Contact page: Make yourself reachable & available. Offer multiple methods of reaching you. Provide a contact form, email address, as well as your social media handles.
- Sales page: It includes all about your online courses & other products with their details.
- Product pages: It’s like a separate landing page for all your courses.
You can do each one of them on Spayee with their new drag & drop website builder.
Boost Your Social Media Presence
Social media has become way too important to avoid. Speaking of social media, it’s time you build your presence and start to create content.
- Set up accounts with the main social media platforms.
- Create consistent content which educates your audience.
- Engage with your target audience to increase visibility.
Facebook & Instagram
Create a Facebook business page & a public Instagram account to build your brand. You need to understand that the people who are hanging out on FB & Instagram are of different age group.
Facebook is mostly used by the older crowd. On the other hand, the young audience is sitting on Instagram. It also has a constantly growing user base with a highly engaged community. Instagram is visually quite attractive. You can create IGTV videos & reels to share value power packed in short-form video content.
Course Creators use Facebook & Instagram to mostly do the following:
- Promote your blog posts.
- Engage in conversations with your followers.
- Share the link of your webinar & online courses.
- Share Testimonials
- Hosting giveaways & other special events.
- Finding influencers & gaining audience insight.
- Stories on FB & Instagram.
- Coming live with your audience or other course creators.
- Conducting Q&A & sharing testimonials.
- Run polls and link your products.
If you can bid adieu to your camera fear & are willing to stand in front of a video camera, YouTube is a must. It has the power to provide you significant visibility. Brownie points if you can comfortably speak about your topic. You can also use YouTube to share brief videos which addresses single important questions related to your online courses. You can embed the link of your online courses.
So rightly, Twitter is a microblogging site. Share the updates on the topics, network with other course creators, share your knowledge about the subject & whatnot.
If your online courses’ target audience uses LinkedIn, you must become active on this one too. As a matter of fact, Linkedin is one of the best platforms to gain massive organic outreach. It’s one single platform which works great for businesses, partnerships, collaboration, networking & brand building.
Pinterest won’t be beneficial for all kinds of online course creators. However, in certain courses like the ones related to fashion, home decor, education, food, or similar content, Pinterest can help you a great deal.